The Benefits of HomeSchooling
According to the U.S. Department of Education, it is estimated that 1.7 percent of all students participate in a homeschooling program . A greater number of parents are turning to homeschooling as an option for educating their children.
This concept once only included the idea of parents assuming the responsibility of educating their own children. Today, the modern home school has evolved to include the use of computers and other technically-advanced equipment to simulate a classroom setting at home.
Although homeschooling has been a predominant form of education throughout history, many people consider it to be a relatively new concept. They might be surprised to learn that President Woodrow Wilson, Thomas Edison, and our Founding Fathers were all educated at home.
Why Choose homeschooling?
- Custom Curriculum - Homeschooling enables students to participate in a curriculum that is tailored to their needs. They can focus on specific areas of interest or other areas that require extra attention. It is customized!
- Different Learning Methods - Students don't have to sit at a desk all day. They can use different methods to help them learn. They might go on a field trip to a historical place, explore nature at a park, or visit a science camp. The possibilities are endless!
- Self-Paced Education - If students require extra help on an assignment or want additional challenges, they can learn as fast or slow as they choose. They are in charge!
- Flexible Schedule - Homeschooling provides students with more options than a traditional classroom. Students can set their own schedule and learn at any time. If they want to take a test at night, they have the freedom to do so. They are learning on their own terms!
- Less Social Distractions - Homeschooling allows students to learn without the worry or interference of social distractions. They are not faced with the social pressures of regular school. They can focus on the task at hand!
- Personalized Attention - Homeschooling enables students to get one-on-one attention from their teacher. Whether they are learning from a parent or online teacher, they can get immediate attention for all of their educational needs. There is no waiting or competing with 30 other students!
A homeschooling program can provide students with choices. It gives them a viable alternative to traditional classroom learning. Whether they choose homeschooling for academic, safety or social reasons, they can be in charge of their education. It enables them to create a customized learning experience.
Find out how Allied can play a major role in your homeschooling.
find out more!
Contact a representative at (800) 968-4034 to find out how Allied can help you. We have an online high school program to suit every educational need.